The Department of Religious Studies at UC Santa Barbara is consistently ranked among the top programs in the country for the secular study of religious phenomena in their various aspects. Accordingly, the Department strives to provide the highest level of intellectual and personal growth for our students as well as our community. It is especially with the participation and generosity of our alumni, parents, and friends that we are able to create even higher standards of excellence in our academic programming.
Give to Your Passion
Any gift to the department can be tailored to coincide with the donor’s interests, to achieve both the donor’s vision and the department’s mission and needs. In making a gift to UCSB, each donor may express his or her wishes in the areas below.
If you would like to make an investment in the future of the department and directly be a part of our program’s ever-increasing margin of excellence, we humbly ask that you…
Ways to Give
See how you can give in the sections below:
You can give to the Department of Religious Studies via this link.
The donor may also indicate a gift purpose. For example, the purpose of your gift may be:
- Student support: undergraduate or graduate.
- Faculty support: such as endowed chairs and visiting professorships.
- Program support: specific program or unit within the department.
- Research support: for students and/or faculty.
- Unrestricted support: to be used wherever the need is greatest within the Department
Gift Funding Arrangement
The gift funding arrangement is tailored to each donor, and takes into account aspects such as dollar amount, gift assets, gift vehicles, and payment plan. These are explained below.
- Dollar Amount: UCSB welcomes gifts of all sizes. The Development Office can provide information on dollar amounts associated with gift needs at UCSB. Minimum gift amounts for named funds are established by the university, and include dollar amounts required for scholarships, faculty support, and other needs. Minimums vary by department and according to the specific goal of the fund.
- Gift Assets: UCSB gratefully accepts gifts of a variety of types of assets, including appreciated securities, cash, real property, and personal property.
- Gift Vehicle: Gifts to UCSB can be made outright, pledged over a period of years or through planned giving vehicles such as charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, gift annuities, bequests, or other vehicles.
If you are interested in making a major gift or have any questions about the vehicles for involvement, please contact:
Assistant Dean of Development, Humanities and Fine Arts
Senior Director of Development, Humanities and Fine Arts